It’s been almost two months since the release of Proton 6.3-7 and two weeks since the release of 6.3-8 RC while tonight the stable version of Proton 6.3-8 has been released to allow Valve’s Steam Play to run. Windows games on Linux.
With Proton 6.3-8, many other Windows games now work well on Linux. The official list of known games made functional by the Proton 6.3-8 update includes:
– Age of Empires 4
– Assassin’s Creed
– Breath of Death VI
– Call of Duty: Black Ops II solo (202970)
– DEATH BUCKLE
– FIA European Truck Racing Championship
– Game Dev Tycoon
– Ghostbusters: the video game remastered
– Fall of greed
– Mafia II (Classic)
– Marvel’s Guardian of the Galaxy (AMD GPU only)
– Mass Effect Legendary Edition (ME1 has no working audio, see # 4823)
– Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
– Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game
– Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game 2
– Nickelodeon Star Brawl
– Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slicked Precipice of Darkness 3
– RiMS Racing
– The faultbreaker
– Ground Survivor
– TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge
– TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2
Proton 6.3-8 also supports some BattlEye games when run in conjunction with the current Steam beta client.
Proton 6.3-8 also supports NVIDIA DLSS in DX11 / DX12 games when running with the PROTON_ENABLE_NVAPI = 1 / dxgi.nvapiHack = False options, support for the latest Steamworks SDKs, and a variety of fixes. There is also a DXVK, VKD3D-Proton and Wine-Mono update as part of this Proton update.
Game fixes with this release affect Baldur’s Gate 3, RacRoom Racing Experience, Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, Project CARS 3, Cyberpunk 2077, and other games.
More details on GitHub.